- n armor plate that protects the head
- n a protective headgear made of hard material to resist blows
- A new, high-tech helmet tracks the severity of on-field hits in real time.
- Army scientists want to cram this array of brain-wave reading sensors into a helmet.
- A man wearing a helmet rides his scooter through Naples, Italy while holding a young child not wearing a helmet on March 14, 2007.
News & Articles
- Helmet crash tests: Don't hit the road without one
A new laboratory study shows bicycle helmets significantly reduce the causes of head, skull and brain injury -- linear and angular head accelerations, and the impact force of a crash. The biomechanical research with crash test dummies found that crashing without a helmet exposes the head to loads up to 9.5 times greater than with a helmet.
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- Bike helmet fitting clinic planned
FARGO - AAA will host a bike helmet fitting clinic from 1 to 4 p.m. June 20 at their offices at 4950 13th Ave. S.
June 13, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Helmet 'sightations' for free Culver's custard
The North Fond du Lac Police Department, in cooperation with Culver's Restaurant, will issue 'sightations' to children observed wearing helmets while riding their bikes.
June 13, 2013 - Fond du Lac Reporter
- Felipe Massa in Daily Star
Massa added: "I know that something happened to me, but I didn't feel anything when it happened. They told me that I lost consciousness at the moment of the spring's impact on my helmet and I ran into the barriers, then I woke up in hospital two...
- Brett Favre in USA Today
OK, you guys have a different path, fine,Favre said, recalling a June 20 conversation with Packers coach Mike McCarthy. "What does that mean for me? So that means either you give me my helmet, welcome back, or release me, or attempt to...
- Billy Beane in International Herald Tribune
If you think about the evolution of the batting helmet, unfortunately what ended up happening this year is essentially what happened with Ray Chapman,Oakland general manager Billy Beane said. "I think we need to come up with a...