- n the person who steers a ship
- The helmsman's "wheel" is simply a knob on the control box.
- Though he was once regarded as a topflight Marblehead helmsman, Hunt now does most of his sailing on a designer's drawing board.
- A gray-haired man teases the pirate king for leaving his helmsman to guard the speedboat.
News & Articles
- Oracle Leads High-Speed Hi-Tech on the Open Seas
July 1 (Bloomberg) -- Oracle Team USA Helmsman James Spithill and America's Cup Event Authority CEO discuss Oracle CEO Larry Ellison's "America's Cup" vison on Bloomberg Television's "Street Smart.
July 2, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Steering error sunk the Titanic 100 years ago - SEE VIDEO
A new book claims that the Titanic had plenty of time to dodge out of the way of the fatal iceberg but the collision was down to a helmsman who turned the ship the wrong way.
June 29, 2013 - Irish Central
- Hakuo Yanagisawa in Forbes
The vote was to pick the helmsman for the local administration,Yanagisawa said. "As for me, I will fulfill the duties I have been given."
- Jean-Paul Sartre in Open Democracy
The writer Jean-Marie Laclavetine replied to this in the same newspaper on 6 February: "Your youth was devoted to horrible idols (the Great Helmsman, Mao Zedong) but your past aberrations haven't stopped you pretending to educate the people. Like...
- John Cho in TrekWeb.com
George [Takei]'s Sulu was a veteran, and he was always in control of the ship,Cho told reporters in a group interview in Los Angeles last week. "And ...... since this is his first mission, he's thrust into the position of helmsman by...