- a marked by or paying little heed or attention; we know now that it is bad economics"--Franklin D. Roosevelt
We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals
heedless of danger
heedless of the child's crying
- s characterized by careless unconcern
the heedless generosity and the spasmodic extravagance of persons used to large fortunes"- Edith Wharton
- A journalist turned environmental advocate, Ma has emerged as a powerful voice in China, raising the alarm about the potentially catastrophic consequences of heedless .
- Never before has the naked power struggle between players and owners seemed so heedless and self-destructive.
- What they and their heedless friends will show to Portia is the disenchanted kingdom of adulthood.
News & Articles
- Bad amendment for animals, consumer safety, states’ rights
Heedless of consumer safety, animal welfare and other important public policy considerations, Congress recently passed an amendment to the House farm bill that would eliminate states’ rights to enact laws that protect farm animals from cruel factory farm conditions, dogs in puppy mills and horses from being cruelly slaughtered for human consumption.
Aug. 5, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Column: All you need is love
Last month I wrote a column about the way we all used to tan so madly, all heedless of the consequences. It was a humorous piece, or so I thought – until, this email about skin cancer arrived from a reader:
Aug. 5, 2013 - Somerville Journal
- Franklin D Roosevelt in Brazosport Facts (registration)
We must find practical controls over blind economic forces and blindly selfish men,Roosevelt said. "We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. ...... We are beginning to abandon...
- Tom Lantos in Hindu
We can put the squeeze on Iran using this tool; it encourages companies and individuals to remove their money from any investment that might support Tehran's heedless quest for nuclear weapons,said Lantos.
- Jerome Corsi in WorldNetDaily
The European Union, which now holds millions of voiceless, voteless Europeans in thrall to a heedless Brussels bureaucracy, was put into place little by little over a 50-year period,Corsi writes, "not by the citizens of the member states,...