- n a tone that is a component of a complex sound
- n any of a series of musical tones whose frequencies are integral multiples of the frequency of a fundamental
- a of or relating to harmony as distinct from melody and rhythm
subtleties of harmonic change and tonality"- Ralph Hill
- a of or relating to harmonics
- a of or relating to the branch of acoustics that studies the composition of musical sounds
the sound of the resonating cavity cannot be the only determinant of the harmonic response
- s relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body
- s involving or characterized by harmony
- Chief use for harmonic analysis is study of the problems presented by the whirls and eddies of air around airplane wings.
- Those who win the presidency create harmonic majorities by plausibly balancing these strains.
- It may take months to achieve the harmonic balance between good policy and good campaign agitprop, but any Guantnamo policy that eventually emerges could have greater certainty .
News & Articles
- Harmonic Appoints New SVP of Worldwide Sales
Harmonic has added George Stromeyer as its new senior vice president of worldwide sales.
June 11, 2013 - Television Broadcast
- Harmonic Appoints New Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales
SAN JOSE, Calif. - June 10, 2013 - Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), the worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure, today announced that George Stromeyer has been appointed as the company`s new senior vice ...
June 10, 2013 - Thomson Reuters ONE via Yahoo! Finance
- RF Source provides true sinewave output with low phase noise.
Designed using surface acoustic wave resonator technology, 2 GHz Model CRFS75-2000 features -134 dBc/Hz phase noise at 10 KHz offset and noise floor of -164 dBc/Hz. Source has no sub-harmonics; second harmonic is -20 dBc typical, and frequency accuracy is rated at ±150 ppm. With 5 V input voltage, device generates true sinewave with +5 dBm minimum output power. Housed in 0.75 x 0.75 in. SMT ...
June 10, 2013 - ThomasNet
- John Ratzenberger in KOAT
If you've ever spent any time in museums and if you've ever been fortunate enough to stand in front of a great work of art, you know there's a certain harmonic about it that touches you. It's the same feeling you get with 'WALL-E,'...
- Bob Weir in San Francisco Chronicle
The music of the Grateful Dead was complex, with intertwining themes of rhythm and melody, rich harmonic development and explosive dynamics; the same stuff one finds in classical music,Weir said.
- Miles Davis in The Guardian (blog)
I think a movement in jazz is beginning away from the conventional string of chords, and a return to emphasis on melodic rather than harmonic variations,Davis told the writer Nat Hentoff for Jazz Review in December 1958. "There will be...