harmattan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a dusty wind from the Sahara that blows toward the western coast of Africa during the winter
- Hot winds off the Sahara, known as harmattan, pick up so much dust and sand that the sky becomes hazy and visibility is drastically reduced.
- Heat, dust, fever, mosquitoes, mud towns, mangy camels, the hot ever-blowing harmattan, absinthe, loneliness, monotony, forced marches through the desert sand, Africa, loneliness.
- No, suggested the mobs that swept down the labyrinthine alleys of Casablanca with the violence of the harmattan, Morocco's fierce desert wind.
News & Articles
- Sailfish ported to N9; first Sailfish update detailed
While my Jolla still hasn't shipped, the community isn't sitting still at all. Sailfish has already been ported to Jolla's spiritual predecessor - yes, the Nokia N9 can now run Sailfish OS. The beautify of it all is that you don't even need to remove Harmattan, since it can dual-boot. It's relatively complete too, since GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth, wifi and 'Calling Functions' are already working. In ...
Dec. 9, 2013 - OSNews
- Wole Soyinka in BusinessDay
This rally is a wake-up call from our long harmattan sleep to the spring of popular participation and good governance,Soyinka said.