- s guided by practical experience and observation rather than theory
a hard-nosed labor leader
- The allegations could be particularly damaging to Spitzer, a former hard-nosed prosecutor who had made ferreting out corporate malfeasance and cracking down on corruption .
- Honeycutt, a hard-nosed commander who often walks the point (the exposed forward position in a formation) with his battalion, did not give up.
- He put his empire together over 20 years and often used hard-nosed tactics to get what he wanted.
News & Articles
- Twice as nice: West York claims back-to-back PIAA Class AAA baseball titles
STATE COLLEGE -- This time, all West York needed was a couple of hard-nosed pitching performances and the will to survive. Actually, the Bulldogs have carried that last part to every stop this baseball postseason.Rowdy West York became the...
June 14, 2013 - The Patriot-News
- Wild Re-signs Veilleux
The Minnesota Wild has re-signed one of its hard-nosed depth players. The club has re-signed forward Stephane Veilleux to a two-year, two-way contract. The 31-year-old skated in two playoff contests for Minnesota this season. He notched eight...
June 13, 2013 - Minnesota Wild
- Busch, Keselowski to race rare tripleheader
NASCAR fans are in for a treat when the summer tour heads to Kentucky later this month, as hard-nosed wheelmen and Kentucky Speedway's only two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race winners, Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski, will race head-to-head three times during the track's June 27-29 tripleheader weekend. They will compete for the checkered flags in the Sprint Cup Series Quaker State 400 presented by ...
June 12, 2013 - NASCAR.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Mike Hargrove in ESPN
He's a hard-nosed player and likes to play the game. That's what we're looking for,Hargrove said. "He fits real well in our lineup among [Raul] Ibanez, [Richie] Sexson and [Adrian] Beltre. Considering the production he has shown in his...
- Torii Hunter in Forbes
The play the game the right way,Hunter said. "They play hard-nosed baseball."
- Alando Tucker in USA Today
They were tough all game,Tucker said. "They were hard-nosed on the ball and when I caught it on or off the block, two guys were coming at me."