hard-and-fast : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (of rules) stringently enforced
- By the 1950s, as the middle class expanded, the custom had calcified into a hard-and-fast rule.
- Campaigning in New York, he told reporters that his figure of a $1,000 income supplement for all Americans was not a hard-and-fast proposal but only "one possibility.
- Having a retraining program set up can help qualify a state for its slice of the $7 billionbut its not a hard-and-fast pre-condition.
News & Articles
- County's prison budget dissected
Luzerne County must take a 8220hard-and-fast8221 approach negotiating the next prison union contract, the county's new Correctional Services Division Head J. Allen Nesbitt told council Tuesday.
June 19, 2013 - Times Leader