handball : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small rubber ball used in playing the game of handball
- n a game played in a walled court or against a single wall by two or four players who strike a rubber ball with their hands
- Swart little Angelo Trulio started to play one-wall handball five years ago.
- AGE: 31 COUNTRY: Germany EVENT: Men's team handball THE DRAMA: Germany won the European title without an injured Kretzschmar; a gold would mark a successful comeback.
- Here's another snippet from our roving sports guru Sean Gregory: Random happenings at the team handball venue (I know, it's pretty random to be at a team handball venue).
News & Articles
- Tahiti's Goalie Unleashed A Great Celebration During His Team's 10-0 Loss To Spain
Spain was already up 8-0 in their Confederations Cup match against Tahiti when a handball was called giving Spain a shot at their ninth goal. But Spain's attempt sailed high, hitting the crossbar. And that was enough to give the Tahiti keeper one moment of glory in an otherwise dreadful showing.
June 20, 2013 - Business Insider
- Jackson Heights: Family, great food and history in the heart of Queens
Photo credit: Kids play on a handball court on 80th St. and Northern Blvd. in Jackson Heights. (Steven Sunshine) Well-known for its bustling Roosevelt Avenue, Little India, a plethora of food trucks and ethnic eateries, there is a softer, quieter side to the multicultural Western Queens neighborhood of Jackson Heights.
June 19, 2013 - amNewYork
- Pros and Cons: Ex-inmates redefine handball at Forest Park
The handball courts loom high over the dirt running path in Forest Park. The last time anyone painted the twenty-foot-high wooden boards they were a soft canary yellow; today they're a sun-bleached gray. In lush green surroundings, the handball courts are a stern sight, rising from the lawn like ...
June 18, 2013 - Riverfront Times
- Dermot Ahern in guardian.co.uk
Henry has admitted handling the ball, claims he told the ref he handled it,Mr Ahern said. "Millions of people worldwide saw it was a blatant double handball - not to mention a double offside - and we should put the powers that be in the...
- Thierry Henry in St.Petersburg Times.ru
Asked about the incident after the match, Henry said: "I will be honest, it was a handball. But I'm not the ref. I played it. The ref allowed it. That's a question you should ask him."
- Radomir Antic in ESPN
The coach was angry that referee Jorge Larrionda denied his side a late penalty and said after the game: "The referee had a black day against Serbia. The first offside with [Milos] Krasic wasn't offside and in the previous games, we had handball...