hand-held : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a small and light enough to be operated while you hold it in your hands
a hand-held computer
- Much of the infamous Berlin Wall has been torn down, but visitors who want to find its original path can use a hand-held GPS Wall Guide.
- Unlike traditional hand-held video games, where users sit on the couch exercising little more than their thumbs, the Wii (pronounced "we" not "why") features digital sensors that .
- Touch the image of a fetal cheek with a hand-held stylus, and signals sent from the computer to mechanical motors in the stylus will simulate the sensation of pressing against soft .
News & Articles
- Wrong way on distracted driving
Pennsylvania's belated law that bans texting while driving hasn't produced many citations because it is a half-measure. The law doesn't bar use of hand-held cellphones while driving, so police have a difficult time determining if drivers are texting or d
June 18, 2013 - The Hazleton Standard-Speaker
- ways to prepare for possible ban on cell use while driving
A bill to ban the use of hand-held cell phones while driving awaits approval from Governor Quinn. If the bill becomes law… that doesn't mean your car conversations are kaput.
June 17, 2013 - WEEK News 25 Central Illinois
- Mobile fingerprint scanner paying off for Richmond County police
A hand-held piece of technology adopted by the Richmond County Sheriff's Office last year has dropped the identification of suspects to minutes, according to authorities.
June 16, 2013 - The Augusta Chronicle
- Laura Bush in International Herald Tribune
My mother-in-law, for instance, is now reading from a little hand-held screen that she can download books on,Bush said of former first lady Barbara Bush. "But I also think that there will always be a place for the book and that people love...
- Morris Iemma in The Age
We are introducing new laws to stop the potential for mass murder when it comes to these hand-held lasers,Mr Iemma said. "I cannot underestimate ...... the potential for catastrophic consequences if a plane is brought down by these fools,...
- Anthony Albanese in The Age
Using a mobile phone while driving is a distraction, and the illegal use of hand-held mobile phones is very dangerous,Mr Albanese said in a statement.