half-time : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s involving half the standard or customary time for an activity
he had two years of half-time training
- r for less than the standard number of hours
- The program for low-income parents, funded by the Louisiana Department of Social Services and the Louisiana Workforce Commission, was simple: enroll in college at least half-time .
- This was a cross between a half-time pep talk and a Fourth of July speech.
News & Articles
- Ireland's GAA weekend roundup
It was yet another action-packed Sunday as four matches were played out around the country. Sean Herlihy's first half dismissal for striking was a serious setback for the Limerick side with Cork ahead 1-10 to 0-06 by half-time.
June 29, 2013 - Irish Central
- Liverpool’s Suso Is Key to Spain’s Early Success at FIFA U-20 World Cup
Liverpool starlet Suso played 45 minutes — and provided a superb assist — as Spain made it three wins out of three in the FIFA U-20 World Cup by beating France 2-1 on Thursday. The midfielder was introduced as a half-time substitute and took just 11 minutes to carve open the French defense providing a cutting […]
June 28, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- Referee was '100 percent sure' no handball by Thierry Henry
Irish player Kevin Kilbane says the referee told him at half-time in extra time in the World Cup playoff match with France that he was "100 percent sure' that Thierry Henry had not handled the ball before the controversial goal that knocked Ireland out of the World Cup.
June 28, 2013 - Irish Central
- Wesley Sneijder in Scottish Daily Record
Sneijder said: "It just slipped through from my bald head and it was a great feeling because the first half was really difficult for us. We were 1-0 behind and only a great save by our goalkeeper from Kaka had kept us there. But at half-time we said...
- Bert van Marwijk in SkySports
We could have lost it in the first 15 minutes,he said. "At half-time, I made it very clear to the players. I told them time and time again, 'You have to play your own game. You have to have patience against Brazil'. When the (own goal)...
- Joachim Loew in Sydney Morning Herald
Coach Joachim Loew added: "I said to my team at half-time, we need to try and score the third goal. We knew we could hit England on the counter-attack because they were open. Our players carried it off brilliantly."