half-caste : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an offensive term for the offspring of parents of different races or cultures
- The first will be an adaptation of Tiffany Thayer's story about a half-caste girl, Call Her Savage.
- Raft is a half-caste Chinese proprietor of a nasty little place called the Lily Garden.
- In the 1930s, Australian settlers ruled that half-caste Aborigines were to be removed from their homes and raised by whites; this policy of eugenics by abduction, which .
News & Articles
- EURthisNthat: Africa’s Gene Pool Being Tapped to ‘Diversify’ and Create ‘A New Race’
*Raise your hand if this seems kind of strange. In an attempt to ‘diversify the gene pool’ of the Motherland, a new fertility company is seeking to offer African couples biracial babies through White donor sperm. According to a (seemingly shady) website called Half-Caste Babies: “We make racial integration possible not only by marriage but […]
Feb. 4, 2014 - EURweb
- David Edelstein in The West Australian
That tightness has now spread to her skin,New York magazine's David Edelstein wrote. "In one scene, she haltingly sings 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' to an orphaned half-caste; but watching that big immovable forehead, I thought of another...
- A. O. Neville in The Australian
The Daily News, reported on June 8, 1933, Neville saying: "The decision made by the commonwealth government to adopt as a definite policy the encouragement of marriages of white men and half-caste women with a view to raising the standard of mixed...
- Marcus Bai in Sportinglife.com
What Adrian has done is bring together players of Papua New Guinean heritage from all over the world,said Bai. "Back when I was playing there were barely any half-caste players and very rarely any white players. Today, the team is full of...