half-breed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an offensive term for an offspring of parents of different races (especially of Caucasian and American Indian ancestry)
- s (of animals) having only one purebred parent
- Simultaneously, and subterraneanly, he's also been a wolf-man: Lucian, the half-breed in the Underworld thrillers, whose first two installments, from 2003 and 2006, grossed about .
- The narrator is a giant of a man, the half-breed son of an Indian chief.
- It is an Alaskan tale with an army captain and a half-breed girl in the centre of the screen most of the time.
News & Articles
- Hot Trailer: ‘47 Ronin’
Keanu Reeves stars in Universal ‘s pricey 3D action-adventure epic as Kai, a half-breed slave who joins a band of 47 masterless samurai in a quest for vengeance. Set in a mythical Japan filled with shape-shifting witches and monsters, 47 Ronin is directed by first-timer Carl Rinsch and produced by Scott Stuber, Pamela Abdy, and Eric McLeod with a script by Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini ...
July 24, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Dog Chapman in AlaskaReport
There's a special connection that I thought I had between me and black America,Chapman said. "And I used to say, 'I'm black, too.' In other words, my whole life I've been called a half-breed, a convict, king of the trailer trash, this and...
- Thomas Jefferson in Zanesville Times Recorder
In the book, Hazard recounts how a "veracious stump orator" described Jefferson during the 1800 presidential campaign as "nothing but a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto...
- Frantz Fanon in Online Catholics (subscription)
Warning poorer societies of the danger of abuse by more materially powerful societies, Fanon wrote: "The casinos of Havana and of Mexico, the beaches of Rio, the little Brazilian and Mexican girls, the half-breed thirteen year olds, the ports of...