halal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Islam) meat from animals that have been slaughtered in the prescribed way according to the shariah
- s proper or legitimate
the fund earns halal profits in full compliance with the Shari'a
- s conforming to dietary laws
a halal kitchen
- Sebastien Bozon AFP Getty The ad campaign by Panzani-owned, Lyon-based food brand Zakia Halal is the first ever mass-market promotion of halal food to France's estimated 5 .
- A new ad campaign marks the first time halal food has been mass marketed to France's Muslims -- and a rare occasion when the French haven't burst into outrage over a public display .
- The Council has the sole authority to issue halal certificates a stamp that can make or break a product in this 85% Muslim market.
News & Articles
- Unity and fun at Islamic festival
Halal Hustler T-shirts and Muslim Princess tote bags were for sale, as were funnel cakes and fried chicken. At the Islamic Heritage Festival on Saturday at Penn's Landing, Muslim culture meshed with classic summer festival tradition.
June 9, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- DEARBORN: Two McDonald’s outlets stop serving halal chicken
DEARBORN — In the wake of a lawsuit settlement, the only two McDonald’s restaurants in the country that served halal chicken have stopped serving halal McChicken sandwiches and Chicken McNuggets.
June 7, 2013 - The News-Herald