- n a very small distance or space
- She hesitates for a hairsbreadth.
- Home-equity-loan issuance is off 98%, and new issues of private-mortgage securitizations, worth three-quarters of a trillion dollars in 2006, have come within a hairsbreadth of zero.
- Only after an unusually high-pressure vote-gathering drive in June did the Johnson Administration's rent-subsidy bill pass the House and then only by a hairsbreadth 208-to .
News & Articles
- Maze strikes double gold, political wounds reopen
Sochi (Russia) (AFP) - Tina Maze struck double Olympic ski gold on Tuesday while the stark political realities of the Sochi Games were exposed by the arrests of members of the high-profile Pussy Riot punk group. Maze bagged her second title after sharing the downhill gold by edging Austrian arch-rival Anna Fenninger by a hairsbreadth seven-hundredths of a second in the giant slalom. In tricky ...
Feb. 18, 2014 - AFP via Yahoo! Sports
- Padraig Harrington in Telegraph.co.uk
I think I am a hairsbreadth away from breaking down physically,said Harrington. "I was fine today but I have been pushing it. It is like a tightrope and the threads are falling off. I have one thread left before I do myself a six-week...