hafnium : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a grey tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals; used in filaments for its ready emission of electrons
- The recent tendency for such names has been after placeshafnium (1922) for Hafnia (Copenhagen), masurium (1924) for the Masurian Lakes, rhenium (1924) for the Rhine, illinium .
- International trade in other, less exotic materials, such as zirconium, beryllium and hafnium, is controlled by nuclear nonproliferation agreements.
News & Articles
- Zirconium and Hafnium Market Review
DUBLIN, Ireland, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dublin - Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/npr2j2/zirconium_and ) has announced the addition of the "Zirconium and Hafnium ...
July 9, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Paul Otellini in InternetNews.com
Architects need to be prophets,Otellini told the overflow audience in the Moscone Convention Center. "We need to think today about the products we need to ship many years from now. Work on the hafnium-based processor began in 1996 because...