hacienda : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a large estate in Spanish-speaking countries
- n the main house on a ranch or large estate
- The hacienda is called Sullupucyo, which in Quechua, the language of the Incas who ruled the Andes for 300 years, means "place of the fountain.
- Silvino Reyes, who owns another hacienda, La Concepcin, agrees: "Although Venezuelan cacao can sell for close to $2,500 per ton, our production level is the same as three .
- By 1960 he had his own gang, and moved his family and followers onto a 10,000-acre hacienda near the foot of snow-topped Mount Huilaafter killing the hacienda's owner.
News & Articles
- Sunset World Reopens Alebrije Gastronomic Performance Restaurant
This new culinary concept reopens in the Hacienda Tres Ríos Resort, Spa & Nature Park, where the best prehispanic, colonial and contemporary Mexican recipes can be discovered, enjoyed, rescued and combined. (PRWeb June 16, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10837330.htm
June 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- Sunset World Organizes Pop Culture Fest Showcasing Mexico’s Cultural Wealth
This grand exhibition of Mexico’s roots, folklore and traditions, never before seen in the hotel industry, will take place from June 16 to 21 in the Hacienda Tres Ríos Resort, Spa & Nature Park ecotourism complex. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10836502.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Hacienda Heights summer camp makes science fun
Science can be lots of fun, just ask the kids attending summer classes at the Youth Science Center in Hacienda Heights.
June 12, 2013 - San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- Irvine Welsh in Blackpool Gazette
Irvine Welsh said: "Tony was always a great evangelist for Manchester and his music. I first met him in the Hacienda and then again a few years later when I got into writing. What always struck me was the way he never talked down to people, he...
- Peter Hook in DotMusic.com
Hook told The Manchester Evening News: "I realised I'd bored my friends for years with tales from The Hacienda so now I thought I'd bore the general public with it. But once I started to get into the writing I realised what a huge endeavour it was,...
- Rio Ferdinand in The Sun
Rio said: "My iPod has the greatest variety. But some of the young European lads don't appreciate old Hacienda house music. PATRICE EVRA gets involved with selecting dressing room music. He caters for the foreign lads a bit more with his Euro pop."