guildhall : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the hall of a guild or corporation
- In accordance with a 300-year-old ritual, London's aldermen last week strewed the hustings (dais) in the ancient guildhall with sweet herbs and elected one of their number to serve .
News & Articles
- Kuwait Premier to Attend KIO 60th Anniversary Celebrations in London
LONDON, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kuwait Prime Minister H.H. Sheikh Jaber al Mubarak Al Sabah is to be the guest of honour at the 60th anniversary lunch of the Kuwait Investment Office [KIO] at The Guildhall in the City of London on Friday June 28th. The Lord Mayor Alderman Roger...
June 25, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Vampire Weekend Add Tour Dates
Photo by Chris Tuite Vampire Weekend are touring behind Modern Vampires of the City throughout the summer and fall. Today, they added run of North American dates to the slate. Check out the full itinerary below. 06-26 Pilton, England - Glastonbury Festival 06-27 Bournemouth, England - O2 Academy 06-28 Portsmouth, England - Portsmouth Guildhall 07-02 Cologne, Germany - E-Werk 07-03 Munich ...
June 24, 2013 - Pitchfork
- Thousands gather in Guildhall Square for mass recording of 'Danny Boy'
As part of Music City, a day-long musical extravaganza in Derry, thousands of people joined in a mass live recording of Danny Boy in Guildhall Square.
June 23, 2013 - Irish Central
- Brian Cowen in Irish Times
In a statement issued afterwards, Mr Cowen said: "Yesterday's scenes at the Guildhall and the dignity shown by the families on that momentous day will long remain in our memories. I believe that the findings of the report, the reaction of the people...
- Helen Quigley in Derry Journal
Derry Mayor Helen Quigley added: "Having seen the illustrations for the Foyle Street scheme, it is clear that the architects have taken account of the historic Guildhall setting and produced a design that is both respectful and complementary. I am...
- Lord Falconer of Thoroton in netPR.pl (komunikaty prasowe)
Lord Falconer, the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, said: "The highest court in the land should be open, accessible and independent. The Middlesex Guildhall will be transformed into a building suitable for such an important...