- n the state of being grimy
- But he struggles furiously, engaged in the grubbiness of life through an inertia of commitment that is stronger than protective cynicism.
- Courier's muted style is most striking in contrast to the sport's Las Vegas running rebel, Andre Agassi, a model of meticulously manicured grubbiness .
- On the grubbiness of buffalo-hide hunters in the 1800s: "Their blankets would get so full of lice and bedbugs that they'd lay them on anthills so that ants could carry away the .
- Malcolm Turnbull in NEWS.com.au
Matt Handbury is a businessman of undoubted integrity - it just demonstrates the grubbiness of Wayne Swan that he is trying to smear a man like Matt Handbury,Mr Turnbull said.