groundkeeper : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who maintains the grounds (of an estate or park or athletic field)
- At the Hotel Valadalen in Jamtland Province, Sweden, where he is a groundkeeper, guests had taken up a collection to help finance his trip to Boston; he couldn't let them down.
- The day before he tried to kill himself, Mark Whitacre told his groundkeeper to come late to work.
- The grass may be greener indoors, but for that we have to thank some faceless chemical conglomerate, not Pops the groundkeeper.
News & Articles
- Louisville Bats groundskeeper Tom Nielsen awarded Carnegie Medal
The Carnegie Hero Fund Commission on Thursday recognized Louisville Bats groundkeeper Tom Nielsen with the Carnegie Medal, given to those who put their own lives at risk to save others, for his actions on Jan. 6, 2012.
Oct. 3, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal