groping : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v feel about uncertainly or blindly
- v search blindly or uncertainly
- v fondle for sexual pleasure
- s acting with uncertainty or hesitance or lack of confidence
a groping effort to understand
- KIRAN KHAS, an Indian teacher, finding peace in India's new commuter trains that are for women only; for years, women have dealt with catcalls and groping during their daily .
- Standing amid the washed-out ruins of his "house upon the sand," the youngster seems to be groping for a half-forgotten truth from Sunday school.
- And on that same afternoon, human naturegroping and flailing in mysteries of its ownrose to the occasion.
News & Articles
- Vito Lopez's Escapades Earned Him a Record-Setting Fine
Vito Lopez never faced criminal charges for the sexual harassment and groping that cost him his job as a New York State assemblyman. But he will get a fine.
June 12, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Ethics Commission Slaps Vito Lopez With $330,000 Fine
A state legislative commission on Tuesday levied a fine of $330,000 against a once-powerful assemblyman accused of groping, intimidating and manipulating young female staffers in a 2012 scandal that is still shaking the Assembly.
June 12, 2013 - CBS New York
- Vito Lopez fined in Assembly sex harassment case
A state legislative commission levied a $330,000 fine against a once-powerful assemblyman accused of groping, intimidating and manipulating young female staffers.
June 12, 2013 - WABC-TV New York
- Ralph Reed in Amador Ledger-Dispatch
There's a lot of people kind of groping in the semidarkness,said Reed, the former Christian Coalition director who himself was tarred in the Abramoff scandal, "trying to figure out what a post-Reagan, post-Bush Republican Party looks...
- John Calipari in SI.com
We rode John Wall,Calipari said on Wednesday. "We were groping for offense and we just gave it to him and said, make some baskets."
- John Adams in RealClearPolitics (blog)
It was enough,said John Adams, "to melt a heart of stone. I saw the tears gush into the eyes of the old, grave, pacifist Quakers of Philadelphia." "In this situation of this Assembly, groping as it were in the dark to find political...