grimy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s thickly covered with ingrained dirt or soot
- The New Museum is on the Bowery, a grimy but gentrifying stretch of lower Manhattan.
- A ruggedly handsome man emerges from under the hood of a car, rubbing his grimy hands on white cloth.
- Growing up in the grimy northeastern Chinese city of Shenyang, his biggest passion was video games.
News & Articles
- Michelle Tea Adds a Dash of Salt to Her Fairy Tale
Mermaid in Chelsea Creek imbues the author's grimy hometown — and her teenage protagonist — with magical possibilities. by Azeen Ghorayshi Thirteen-year-old Sophie Swankowski can't seem to satisfy her craving for salt. She unscrews the caps on salt shakers and dumps mounds of the tiny crystals into her mouth, fiendishly adds it to her cereal, and in one desperate moment goes so far as to dunk ...
June 12, 2013 - East Bay Express
- 'This is the End' is rude, crude -- and funny ??? 1/2
The "Hangover" movies, even the third one no one defends, barely qualify as comedies in the traditional sense. They're more like grimy action pictures with a joke or two tossed in to avoid the charge of false labeling. Their ugliness of spirit compounds a disinterest in verbal jokes and a reliance on brutality (which isn't the same as artfully violent slapstick), and nobody involved seems to ...
June 11, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
- Bomb Washed In Sink Before Being Reported To Authorities
A World War II bomb was washed in the sink after a sixtysomething British woman found it while digging in her spring garden last week. It must have been pretty grimy, because Carole Longhorn decided that it might be a good idea to wash off the 10 inch long live shell. According to reports in [...] Bomb Washed In Sink Before Being Reported To Authorities is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 10, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Richard Hamilton in USA Today
I think we lost some focus on what won us that title,Richard Hamilton said. "We got grimy. If we didn't score, they didn't score. Now we are giving up dunks and layups. We have to get back to what we did."