- n the branch of linguistics that deals with syntax and morphology (and sometimes also deals with semantics)
- Singlish is simply Singaporean slang, whereby English follows Chinese grammar and is liberally sprinkled with words from the local Chinese, Malay and Indian dialects.
- But the new writing section, which includes not only a multiple-choice grammar segment but the subjective essay, has a standard error of measurement of 40 points, meaning a kid who .
- But the revision 12,000 new or altered spellings and many grammar changes, which have been taught in most classrooms since 1998 turned out to be just as bad.
- Tony McNulty in Donside Today
Home Office minister Mr McNulty told GMTV: "The vultures should clear off because there is no corpse around. Nine, six months ago Gordon Brown could do no wrong - he was 20 points ahead, Cameron was floundering because of the grammar school issue...
- Gordon Brown in The Guardian
In a speech in London, the prime minister, Gordon Brown, said: "At a time when winter weather has returned in spring to many parts of the country, our thoughts are with the families and the friends of those children of Lanark grammar school who have...
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu in Washington Post
Always through the whole process, I was very conscious of how I was going to put in four stories, three continents, five languages, and translate that into a visual grammar, a visual language in one single film that makes sense,Inarritu said.