grammarian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a linguist who specializes in the study of grammar and syntax
- And in its ambition, it exceeds the limits of the grammarian's priggishness.
- By modern standards Johnson knew too little of early English to be a thorough etymologist, and as a grammarian he failed because he believed that "the syntax of this language is .
- Like all political fights, this one could be minimized into a quarrel over termsin this case a grammarian's choice: the word "may" or the word "shall.
News & Articles
- East Hanover supervisors meet in historic school
INDIANTOWN GAP - Meeting in the Lindley Murray Schoolhouse along Asher Miner Road Monday evening, East Hanover Township Supervisor Tom Donmoyer told the dozen residents in attendance a bit of the history of the building. The school was named for Murray, a noted grammarian.
July 30, 2013 - Lebanon Daily News