- n a woman's dress, usually with a close-fitting bodice and a long flared skirt, often worn on formal occasions
- n the members of a university as distinguished from the other residents of the town in which the university is located
the relations between town and gown are always sensitive
- n lingerie consisting of a loose dress designed to be worn in bed by women
- n protective garment worn by surgeons during operations
- n outerwear consisting of a long flowing garment used for official or ceremonial occasions
- v dress in a gown
- Bias-cut gowns are the signature of Dior designer John Galliano and have become red-carpet staples.
- A young designer is tapped by the First Lady to design her gown for the inauguration night festivities.
- Brides seeking elegant simplicity find it in Ethiopian designer Amsale Aberra's chic gowns.
News & Articles
- Say yes to Marching of the Brides gown sale
The Marching of the Brides Designer Wedding Gown Sale to benefit Brides Across America and Patriot Rovers makes its first trip down the aisle on Wednesday, June 26, from 1 to 7 p.m. at Andover Country Club. The one-day-only event will feature a varie
June 12, 2013 - The Andover Townsman
- Zoom on Resort: Rochas, Givenchy, and More
Joan Smalls debuted Givenchy resort 2014 at the CFDAs, wearing a long white gown with a sheer panel at the hem. She followed up by modeling most of the collection this week, which began as a series of delicate lace pieces before seguing into the more familiar exuberant blooms first ... More »
June 12, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Princess Madeleine of Sweden's Valentino Wedding Gown Required Two Train Minions
(Getty Images) If there's one thing we know about princesses, it's that they love themselves a ginormous wedding dress. Princess Madeleine of Sweden walked down the aisle this Saturday in Stockholm wearing a Valentino Haute Couture gown for her nuptials to New York banker Christopher O’Neill. (Valentino) The design featured a 13-foot train — which was carried by two loyal train minions, who ...
June 10, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Washington Post
That was the best 5:20 am wake-up call I have ever had,Louis-Dreyfus said after the early morning Globe announcement. "Now all I need is the gown, a spray tan and some Botox and I'll be gold."
- George Michael in Sydney Morning Herald
I'm sure Kenny and I will be doing the old legal thing, but we won't be doing the whole veil and gown thing,said Michael, speaking at the British screening of a new documentary about his sensational career.