- n the head of a state government
- n a control that maintains a steady speed in a machine (as by controlling the supply of fuel)
- governor or if both of them shall be impeached, absent from the state or otherwise unable to discharge the powers and duties of the office of governor, the temporary president of the .
- PTI also names the nations worst governors: Louisiana governor Kathleen Blanco, Ohio governor Bob Taft and South Carolina governor Mark Sanford.
- The New York governor, the vaunted enemy of corruption is accused of patronizing a prostitution ring.
News & Articles
- Governor spots problems with "Moral Monday" protests
Governor Pat McCrory is calling for an end to the 'Moral Monday' protests in Raleigh. Civil rights groups have been protesting for weeks. They're protesting cuts to social programs, changes to voting laws
June 12, 2013 - WNCT Greenville
- Governor Signs Washoe Schools Tax Bill
Governor Sandoval has signed a bill allowing the Washoe County Commission to increase sales and property taxes to fund repairs to Washoe schools.
June 11, 2013 - KOLO 8 Reno
- Governor Walker says he'll sign abortion bill
Governor Scott Walker says he will sign a bill requiring physicians to perform or arrange ultrasounds for women seeking abortions if the Legislature passes it.
June 11, 2013 - WBAY Green Bay
- Dick Durbin in USA Today
I want to share some personal news with you. 25 years ago, I sat across this table from New York Governor Mario Cuomo for the first broadcast of Larry King Live. Now, decades later, I talked to the guys here at CNN and I told them I would like to... Larry King http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_King&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFVNM7f31GfZRltQZJjSm08sjsr8w CNN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/29/larry.king.steps.down/%3Fhpt%3DC1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6-bJpYExog9Y4AWO3G69XJcBd_g Jun 29, 2010
43081 59121 governor No appointment by this governor, under these circumstances, could produce a credible replacement," Durbin tells reporters.
- Barack Obama in ABC News (blog)
I have never spoken to the governor on this subject,Obama said then in remarks from Chicago, "I'm confident that no representatives of mine would have any part of any deals related to this seat."