gorilla : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n largest anthropoid ape; terrestrial and vegetarian; of forests of central west Africa
- M'Toto (a she-gorilla) met Gargantua (a he-gorilla) last week.
- With lights blazing, band blaring, batons twirling, and all signposts seeming to point to Gargantua the Great, described as "the only full-grown gorilla ever seen on this.
- That a gorilla can lick a heavyweight prizefightereven three prizefighterswas a pet theory of the late great Journalist Arthur Brisbane.
- Carlton Cole in guardian.co.uk
Yeah, I heard it but it's football, you know,said Cole. "I don't care. I know I'm not a monkey. I might be as strong as a gorilla but I'm not a monkey. That's life, isn't it. You've just got to carry on and get on with it and we got the...
- Donovan in Forbes
I really try to, more with my words, draw on things rather than show up before the game with a gorilla suit on,said Donovan, who often takes a softer approach by calling players to his office for friendly, fatherlike chats. "I try to use...
- Brian Burke in USA Today
Yes, it's a big gorilla off my shoulders, I can tell you that,Burke said. "Until we dealt with the Mathieu Schneider situation, it hasn't been a whole lot of fun, because you don't feel like you've got control over the decision-making...