golliwog : Definition, Usages, News and More
- firing of by BBC after black tennis player is referred to by as a "golliwog" Williamson, Bishop Richard skepticism about the Holocaust and especially about the existence of gas .
- Shirley MacLaine is an adorable golliwog in green lingerie and inky wig; her flamboyant self-assurance is the perfect foil for the bumbling Lemmon.
- His logo is a grinning golliwog.
- Margaret Thatcher in AFP
LONDON (AFP) â€” The daughter of former British premier Margaret Thatcher called a French tennis star a "froggy golliwog guy", a BBC presenter said Saturday, in the first full account of how a sensitive race row flared.
- Naomi Campbell in Telegraph.co.uk
Campbell, who kicked and spat at police when they tried to remove her from a flight bound for Los Angeles, told Sky News: "I was called a racial name on that flight and that was part of my reaction." "I was called a 'golliwog supermodel' - I...
- Winston Churchill in Independent
When he sees a wounded Sikh on the North West Frontier, Churchill describes him as "a tragic golliwog".