gomorrah : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Old Testament) an ancient city near the Dead Sea that (along with Sodom) was destroyed by God for the vice and depravity of its inhabitants
News & Articles
- Greed is what will bring the nation down
In reference to the letters to the editor about narrow-minded gay groups pushing their agendas on the Boy Scouts will ruin them and that gay marriage is causing “Sodom & Gomorrah,” why don’t you letter-writers try to be a little less narrow-minded and accept the fact that these gays you condemn are here living in your communities and they have to lie and hide from people like you.
June 11, 2013 - Dayton Courier
- Eli Yishai in New York Times
If it was up to me, I would send the gay community, who insisted on celebrating in Jerusalem, to Sodom and Gomorrah,said Eli Yishai, one of Israel's deputy prime ministers and the leader of Shas, an ultra-Orthodox party that belongs to Prime...
- Sen Jesse Helms in Concord Monitor
What the perverted homosexual filth is, is not modern-day Michelangelo,Helms told a crowd at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh. "It is modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah."
- Zacarias Moussaoui in CBS News
Moussaoui, as he was led from the courtroom during a recess, said, "America, you will be destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah."