goldfields : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n small slender woolly annual with very narrow opposite leaves and branches bearing solitary golden-yellow flower heads; southwestern Oregon to Baja California and Arizona; often cultivated
- n a district where gold is mined
- Foreign journalists are routinely refused permission to travel to Zimbabwe, so I entered the country as a tourist and drove south from Bulawayo to the goldfields of the Great Dyke.
- A Welsh-gypsy lad roams California goldfields.
- Down the road rattled a coach carrying six young Frenchwomen to the California goldfields.
- John Brumby in Melbourne Herald Sun
The Goldfields Superpipe is vital to the future growth of the Bendigo region,Mr Brumby said. "The superpipe will provide water to Bendigo to successfully manage supplies through the challenges of drought, climate change and population...