goldfinch : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n American finch whose male has yellow body plumage in summer
- n small European finch having a crimson face and yellow-and-black wings
- I had hoped someone would put the goldfinch back in the cage.
- One of his most famous captured the male common goldfinch: "The only small yellow bird with black wings.
- To the Egyptians the hawk represented the sun god; to early Christians the goldfinch depicted the crucifixion.
News & Articles
- Two birds test chronic positive for West Nile
An American Goldfinch from Redwood City and a red-shouldered hawk from Emerald Hills tested positive for West Nile virus, according to officials from the San Mateo County Mosquito and Vector Control District.
June 28, 2013 - San Mateo Daily Journal