- n an advocate of Gnosticism
- a of or relating to Gnosticism
- a possessing intellectual or esoteric knowledge of spiritual things
- Unfortunately, for all his trials in the proverbial desert, Father Dario has little in the way of gnostic wisdom to offer the passing hiker, though he does have a funny story about .
News & Articles
- Prize fighters
As a first-time participant in the Grand Rapids ArtPrize competition (opening today and running through Oct. 6), Haslett artist Sarah Gilmore de Ruiter of Lansing found herself joining the buzz with a painting called “Thunder, Perfect Mind.” The piece is inspired by a gnostic poem by the same title.
Sept. 18, 2013 - City Pulse
- Robert Crumb in NPR
I'm a Gnostic - someone who seeks knowledge of God,Crumb responded. "There's some force that rules our destiny: This is obvious. But what it is - this is a mystery we cannot possibly understand."
- Os Guinness in Associated Baptist Press
..."Gnostic" - disconnecting knowledge from physical action -- Guinness said: "God forbid, and why so? The manifesto calls for evangelicals to be 'fully engaged' in politics but never 'completely equated' with any party or ideology. In other...
- Lon Solomon in Christian Post
These scrolls, commonly called the Gnostic gospels : were written by a sect of heretics called 'Gnostics' who believed that they had been given 'secret knowledge' from Jesus,Solomon explained. "The reason [the Gnostic gospels] were omitted...