gluten : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a protein substance that remains when starch is removed from cereal grains; gives cohesiveness to dough
- And since more weak-gluten wheat can be produced per acre, most farmers have concentrated on it.
- Some folks can't stomach the gluten found in cereals.
- And although it wouldn't require a label for gluten per se, it does instruct the Department of Health and Human Services to define what it means by "gluten free.
- Paul Henderson in Forbes
The important factor is that all the things associated with this problem were with this single supplier of the suspect wheat gluten,Henderson told reporters.
- Phil Vickery in Eat Out Magazine
Vickery said: "I'm passionate about improving knowledge in the food industry and the necessity for more gluten free cooking as more people are diagnosed. I have learnt so much and it is essential that chefs understand the importance of having gluten...
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck in ABC News
In her new book, "The G-Free Diet: A Gluten Survival Guide," Hasselbeck tells her personal story and tells you how you can start living a gluten-free life.