glug : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make a gurgling sound as of liquid issuing from a bottle
the wine bottles glugged
- An SUV will glug $1,831 on average at the pump this year, and a sedan will ring up $1,453, according to the Alliance to Save Energy.
- He doesn't reveal his ingredients and his patients don't ask; they just glug down the brown liquid obediently.
- This behemoth is a triumph of mechanical indigestion, hiccuping, squealing, glug-glugging, roaring, and occasionally subsiding with a grandiose belch.
News & Articles
- Taste: Fried egg sandwiches
When I was a little girl, breakfast with my dad meant fried egg sandwiches. In the dark of the morning, he’d swirl a glug of olive oil in a nonstick pan and crack two eggs when it started to smoke.
Sept. 26, 2013 - The Iowa City Press-Citizen
- Cook in Monsters and Critics.com
Cook told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "Jamie Oliver is a big mate of my wife Zoe, so he has encouraged me a lot. I'm forever phoning him up if I don't understand certain things. He once rang me back from Australia to tell me how much a glug...
- Peter Powers in The Age
He drank it down - glug, glug, glug - and he started to swoon,Powers says. "Then he realises that I'm the killer and that I've got his watch and mobile phone, and he starts staggering around and trying to punch me. Then he was crawling...
- Itumeleng Khune in Independent Online
It's really not looking good for me at the moment, I can still feel the pain and may return to hospital for better care and treatment,said Khune on Thursday. "I was looking forward to this Amaglug-glug game but now I'll have to wait for...