globular : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having the shape of a sphere or ball
little globular houses like mud-wasp nests"- Zane Grey
- PRO: The Dutch-born visionary his works include the Seattle Public Library and the CCTV headquarters in Beijing is now working on a globular mixed-use site in Dubai and a .
- The Smithsonian had originally intended an orrery, the globular celestial map made of intersecting rings and developed for the 17th century Earl of Orrery, for the front of the .
- Played by Brendan Gleeson with a swagger and spume not seen since Robert Newtons Long John Silver (another charming dastard), Mad-Eye has a globular left orb that stares .
News & Articles
- A Rare Opportunity to Watch a Blue Straggler Forming
A unique and enigmatic variety of stars known as blue stragglers appear to defy the normal stellar aging process. Discovered in globular clusters, they appear much younger than the rest of the stellar population. Since their discovery in 1953, astronomers have been asking the question: how do these stars regain their youth? For years, two [...]
June 12, 2013 - Universe Today
- Kurt Vonnegut in Space Fellowship
In his 1959 novel, The Sirens of Titan, Kurt Vonnegut wrote "Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules - and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing...
- Paul Flynn in Telegraph.co.uk
Paul Flynn described senior Tory politician Sir Nicholas Soames as an "amiable buffoon" with a "globular mountainous shape" and referred to Liberal Democrat Lembit Opik as a "clown" and a "turkey."