- n geology that uses physical principles to study properties of the earth
- Convinced of the growing interrelationship of meteorology, geology, solid-earth geophysics and oceanography, he has lumped all four studies into an unusual single department of .
- According to Gribbin, the geophysics editor of the British scientific journal Nature, and Plagemann, a researcher on a NASA study of the upper atmosphere, the quake will strike .
- One of the key revelations: Hambali told the interrogators that his replacement in the network is Azahari bin Husin, a Malaysian geophysics professor who trained with al-Qaeda in .
News & Articles
- Dan Golomb, 84, of Newton; Holocaust survivor was atmospheric scientist at Hanscom and UMass Lowell
Dan Golomb, who barely survived a forced labor camp in southern Germany during World War II, became a scientist who took an early interest in the effects of climate change while working at the geophysics laboratory at Hanscom Air Force Base, for the US Environmental Protection Agency, in the energy laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and at the University of Massachusetts ...
June 10, 2013 - Boston Globe
- David Boren in Houston Chronicle
Boren said he would ask the OU Board of Regents to rename the school the "ConocoPhillips School of Geology and Geophysics" in recognition of the gift.
- Han Hoogerbrugge in Times Online
We are trying to make engineering and topics such as geology and geophysics more attractive,says Wynand Hoogerbrugge, director of the Energy Centre at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen.