geometric : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s characterized by simple geometric forms in design and decoration
a buffalo hide painted with red and black geometric designs
- a of or relating to or determined by geometry
- Dmitri Tymoczko at Princeton University, where he teaches and has developed a geometric method of representing musical chords.
- The Ontario pavilion subdivides its screen into as many as 15 geometric oblongs and squares, like a Mondrian painting, then shatters it into shards of indeterminate shapes that .
- Unlike the mainly geometric designs of the rest of the Pacific, Tongan tapa cloths read more like tapestries, with contemporary events woven through to provide a precious narrative.
News & Articles
- The North America Office of Duesseldorf Tourism and Duesseldorf Airport announces: Exhibit of Julius Bissier Paintings ...
Never-before shown pieces from the early 1950s focus on Bissier’s abstract geometric work at K21 Museum and explore lesser known facets of the artist in an ongoing exhibit through October 10, 2013. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10832148.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Watch Hollywood Actors Turn Into Prada Men
In a behind-the-scenes video inspired by the French New Wave, Prada Menswear brings the world a gift: three actors getting into their model characters, Prada's FW 2013 collection. The video, filmed by photographer David Sims, shows Christoph Waltz, Ben Whishaw, and Ezra Miller impeccably dressed in suits, lounging about on geometric furniture ... More »
June 14, 2013 - New York Magazine
- “Slave to Love,” An Exhibition of New Seductively Colored Reductive Geometric Paintings by Steven Alexander at David ...
David Richard Gallery will present new reductive geometric paintings in a combination of seductive and neutral palettes by Steven Alexander. The exhibition, “Slave To Love,” will be presented June 21 through July 27, 2013 with an opening reception on Friday, June 28 from 5:00 – 7:00 PM at the gallery located on 544 South Guadalupe Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501, phone 505-983-9555 in the ...
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Peter Lu in BBC News
You can go through and see the evolution of increasing geometric sophistication. So they start out with simple patterns, and they get more complex,Mr Lu added.
- Luigi Riva in USA Today
Back then he already controlled the entire midfield with geometric precision, putting everyone in the right place,Riva said. "You could tell he knew his tactics."
- Fife Symington in Arizona Republic
It was dramatic. And it couldn't have been flares because it was too symmetrical. It had a geometric outline, a constant shape,Symington said.