- n (mathematics) the shortest line between two points on a mathematically defined surface (as a straight line on a plane or an arc of a great circle on a sphere)
- a of or relating to or determined by geodesy
- He has also had an indirect boost from Buckminster Fuller, father of the geodesic dome.
- His geodesic domes are popping up like mushrooms all over the surface of the globe.
- Problems are conceived of as giant geodesic domes with thousands of sides.
News & Articles
- Quirky houses can make lenders nervous
Want to live in a geodesic home or a reproduction of a medieval castle? Jumbo borrowers shopping for offbeat homes may face challenges in getting a mortgage.
July 2, 2013 - Market Watch
- People Used to Want to Do Some Crazy Things to New York City
From filling in the Hudson River, to filling in the East River, to building an airport in midtown, to covering midtown in a geodesic dome — like the TV show that is happening now! — people used to propose a lot of wild projects for New York. Kind of puts bike lanes in perspective.
July 2, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Residential Playground Equipment Designed by Future Play Now Offered by Rehabmart.com
Future Play’s Dome Climber is an updated version of the classic geodesic-shaped ‘monkey bars’ of the past. Always a favorite for children, this climber is constructed of durable powder-coated steel to ensure sturdy support. (PRWeb June 30, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/playground_equipment/swing_sets/prweb10886811.htm
June 30, 2013 - PRWeb
- Buckminster Fuller in Nature.com (subscription)
I did not set out to design a geodesic dome,Fuller wrote. "I set out to discover the principles operative in Universe. For all I knew, this could have led to a pair of flying slippers."
- Witold Rybczynski in Wall Street Journal
The same people who are very conservative with their main house are prepared to be quite different [with a vacation house],Mr. Rybczynski says. "People like A-frames, log cabins, geodesic domes."