genuflect : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v bend the knees and bow in church or before a religious superior or image
- v bend the knees and bow in a servile manner
- Rollergirl (Heather Graham, before whose beauty all gentlemen genuflect) performs sex on skates.
- Given Gibson's fervent Christianity, you might have expected JP to run up and genuflect.
- As a Catholic, I don't expect atheists to genuflect before an altar.
News & Articles
- “Lie, Cheat, and Genuflect” at the Barn
Left to right - Jaime Collick, Justin Mackey, Emilee Caughel and Gino Fracassa hover over Jeff Pedue in The Barn Theatre’s opening production of the comedy, “Lie, Cheat, and Genuflect” June 13-15. read more
June 12, 2013 - Sanilac County News
- Urban Meyer in New York Times
You walk into my home now and there'sa picture of Woody Hayes,Meyer said. "There is a big one, too. I don't want to tell you I genuflect in front of it, but darn close. That's the way I was raised."
- Stan Mikita in Chicago Sun-Times
I'm not sure what an ambassador is supposed to do,Mikita said. "Probably genuflect to different people and say hi."