genocide : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n systematic killing of a racial or cultural group
- Civil war or not, some human rights experts say Iraq is showing precursor signs of genocide.
- When the genocide began, I stayed in Rwanda , reporting on the slaughter; friends later helped smuggle me to safety.
- Israel has always tiptoed around the whole idea of the Armenian genocide of 1915-1918, in which 1.
News & Articles
- Carmel Valley students receive award for their work in The Walk to End Genocide
San Diego Jewish Academy’s Zander Cowan, Naomi Suminski, and Ilana Engel were awarded SDJA’s Abraham Joshua Heschel Award for their work as the High School Chairs of The Walk to End Genocide – San Diego. The Walk to End Genocide, which took place April 7, raises awareness and funds to provide vital resources for those suffering from the horrors of genocide. Cowan and Engel were among the top ...
June 14, 2013 - Del Mar Times
- Rwanda genocide prosecutor urges cooperation in capturing fugitives
UNITED NATIONS, June 12 (UPI) -- The prosecutor in the 1994 Rwanda genocide tribunal urged U.N. member states to help find nine suspected war criminals still at large.
June 12, 2013 - UPI
- A Bone to Pick With Genocide? Try a Million
An installation of handmade bones was laid out on the National Mall to protest genocide. The effort was organized by One Million Bones. Photo by Simone Pathe. For 48 hours, the grass on the National Mall disappeared underneath a sea of white and grey "bones," a symbolic mass grave on the footsteps of the U.S. Capitol. The One Million Bones project is a public art installation created to protest ...
June 11, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- President Bush in Forbes
The next president must explain how he or she intends to bring that war to the swiftest possible conclusion without exacerbating a sectarian conflict that could quickly descend into genocide, destabilizing the entire Middle East, and enabling our... John McCain http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhauRSvpu74c5JI21AhXVu-x_kmQ CNSNews.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp%3FPage%3D/Politics/archive/200803/POL20080305e.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFzvDOTyXWMXu2K6jVaUV25ZUK8SQ Mar 5, 2008
41587 53359 genocide My administration has called these actions by their rightful name: genocide. The world has a responsibility to put an end to it," Bush said.
- Raila Odinga in Forbes
Odinga accused the government of stoking the chaos, telling The Associated Press in an interview that Kibaki's administration "is guilty, directly, of genocide."