genomics : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the branch of genetics that studies organisms in terms of their genomes (their full DNA sequences)
- Now the heading up four nonprofit genomics groups, Celera Genomics' former CEO discussed his latest interests, notably the development of synthetic microbes that could be used to .
- Has the genomics revolution hoodwinked investors? Are genetically modified crops a menace or boon to the worlds food supply? With all the hoopla over gene-splicing, have .
- He said that while genomics-based information would dominate the world economy in the next 50 years, only those countries that understand these developments and take advantage of .
News & Articles
- Pathway Genomics to offer BRCA breast cancer test used by Angelina Jolie made more affordable and accessible by ...
Pathway Genomics led the evening news Friday with an announcement that it could begin offering affordable access to genetic testing for the BRCA gene linked to breast and ovarian c
June 15, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Pathway Genomics to Launch Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Comprehensive Cancer Panel Including BRCA1 and BRCA2
Pathway Genomics, a genetic testing laboratory on the forefront of bringing physicians a broad genetic testing portfolio covering a wide range of diseases, announces the pending la
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Genomics Impact On US Economy Approaches $1 Trillion
sciencehabit writes "Despite a slow economy, business in genomics has boomed and has directly and indirectly boosted the U.S. economy by $965 billion since 1988, according to a new study (pdf). In 2012 alone, genomics-related research and development, along with relevant industry activities, contributed $31 billion to the U.S. gross national product and helped support 152,000 jobs, the ...
June 13, 2013 - Slashdot