- n castrated male horse
- v cut off the testicles (of male animals such as horses)
- The great gelding Kelso dies A walnut horse so homely and cantankerous that he was gelded as a yearling heard the sweet cheers of a racetrack crowd for the first time in 17.
- First Attempt, a little grey gelding who caught cold in Boston last month, spent most of last week coughing and munching apples in his stall.
- They decided on a 2-year-old gelding from New Zealand that cost $65,000 a bargain in Hong Kong, where horses often go for four times as much.
News & Articles
- Heliskier recovering after stumble at Canterbury on Sunday + video
The Minnesota-bred gelding Heliskier is undefeated no more, but he is expected to recover fully after being taken off the track in a van Sunday following a hard stumble out of the gate at Canterbury Park.
June 17, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Sunday’s racing results | Emerald Downs
141/2 furlongs, purse $13,225, maiden claiming $25,000, 2-year-olds. Claimed— Kendini Off— 2:00 p.m. Time— :22.81 :46.56 :52.85 Winner— Gr/ro Gelding 2011, by Dunkirk - Next Big Nothin' by Forest Wildcat Owner— H Leong and D Lew.
June 17, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Noosa Beach, Frazier to retire in joint ceremony July 3 | Emerald Downs
Two of Emerald Downs’ all-time greats, superstar gelding Noosa Beach and jockey Ricky Frazier, will be honored in a joint retirement ceremony at Emerald Downs on July 3.
June 16, 2013 - Auburn Reporter
- Bobby Frankel in BloodHorse
He'sa good horse,said Frankel, who won the San Gabriel last year with Badge of Silver. "The Tin Man proved you're never too old to win on the turf, and this horse tries hard and he'sa gelding, so he's going to be around a long time, as...
- Pat Day in Cincinnati Post
If he wasn't a gelding, he'd have been in a breeding shed a long time ago,Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day said. "I think it's great. It gives those people at Finger Lakes an opportunity to see a Derby winner up close and personal. He's not...
- Todd Pletcher in Hartford Courant
She wants a mile and a quarter,Pletcher said. "I think she relishes that. It's a big challenge for any horse, filly, colt, gelding, whatever. But we really like the way she's trained all along. She's trained alongside these colts, and...