- v cut off the testicles (of male animals such as horses)
the vet gelded the young horse
- s (of a male animal) having the testicles removed
- Jake was horribly wounded in the warin fact, he was effectively geldedso he spends his time in Paris getting drunk in cafes, nursing his ennui, bantering with his hard-boiled .
- Toads did draw the plough as oxen, couchgrass was the harness and trace-chains, a gelded animal's horn was the coulter, and a piece of a gelded animal's horn was the sock .
- He was also gelded, a procedure in which a thoroughbred's testicles are surgically removed.
- Peter Chapple-Hyam in Liverpool Daily Post
Chapple-Hyam said: "He is still improving and has been much better since we had him gelded," he said. "He is much better with soft ground so I hope he gets in and I do want to run him in the Lincoln." "He went home at the end of last...
- Saeed bin Suroor in Virtual Form Guide
He has been really relaxed since we gelded him,bin Suroor said. "He was not upset and sweating, as he has sometimes been in the past. I always said he would be a good horse, and we will keep him in training next year. We will probably give...
- Funny Cide in Wired News
Obviously, it was a mistake that he was gelded in the first place,said Funny Cide co-owner Jon Constance, an optician in Sackets Harbor, New York. "If there's a way to rectify that mistake, why wouldn't we look into it?"