gazetteer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a journalist who writes for a gazette
- n a geographical dictionary (as at the back of an atlas)
- About the rarest of current reference books is a gazetteerthe vast descriptive index of towns, cities, counties, countries, mountains, valleys and rivers all over the world.
- Talking about where he has been in the past two frantic years, Alex Haley sounds like a gazetteer.
- Or to entries in a specialized gazetteer: Rockingham, Bundy, Brentwood.
News & Articles
- DeLorme lays off 10 as focus shifts from mapping to GPS products
YARMOUTH — DeLorme, the company well-known for its trusty Gazetteer and other traditional mapping products, has laid off 10 people as it continues a transition to selling high-tech GPS products, according to a company spokeswoman.
Oct. 15, 2013 - The Lewiston Sun Journal
- Dent Dinner speaker to promote laughter to build relationships
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Rev. Mark Gungor will be the featured speaker at the 20th annual Jim Dent Memorial Dinner to be held at the Clay Center on Oct. 22. For many years, Jim Dent was a humorist who wrote the whimsical "Gazetteer" column and d...
Oct. 12, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Lalu Prasad in Hindu
Listing his party's contribution to the Urdu language, Prasad said, "The RJD rule had accorded the status of second language to Urdu in Bihar. The first gazetteer in Urdu came out in the RJD regime besides including the language in Bihar Public...