- s lacking grace in movement or posture
a gawky lad with long ungainly legs
- The network's choice of Leno prompted a round of musical chairs in which Letterman defected to CBS, making room for O'Brien--a gawky comedy writer with almost no on-air experience .
- Doffing an ill-fitting outfit not unlike the gawky, scrawny look of Steve Ditko's original Spider-Man, Andy, assisted by Louis, goes around looking for trouble.
- When he tells a villain, "I guess you haven't heard I'm the sheriff round these parts," he's still geeky-gawky, closer to John Mayer than to John Wayne.
News & Articles
- HBO Announces Premiere Dates for Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound & Down, More
HBO Announces Premiere Dates for Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound & Down, More Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 1:19 pm, Thursday, June 6, 2013 The cable network also announced that new comedy series Hello Ladies, which stars Stephen Merchant as a gawky ...
June 7, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Karen Elson in Spinner
It was definitely a mean thing,Elson tells Spinner. "I take it now as a compliment, but at 14, it's not cool to be the scrawny ghost who walks. The connotation of that as a teenager was, you're really pale, you're really gawky -- you're a...
- Ben Brantley in Washington Post
In yesterday's New York Times, chief critic Ben Brantley wrote that "the show and its characters are gawky, sincere, tentative, self-contradictory and given to home truths that are expounded on as if they were discoveries of new planets. This means...
- Brian Orser in Channel News Asia
She was a 15-year-old girl when she came. A little bit gangly and gawky,explains Orser. "Although she had all the jumps, spins and footwork, she didn't have the talent she has now. It was a blank canvas."