gasoline : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum; used mainly as a fuel in internal-combustion engines
- But volatile pricesas with gasoline during the Iraqi war, natural gas last winter and electricity in 2000are all but guaranteed.
- You still won't be able to buy gasoline for $1.
- Most important, the days of the classic, gasoline-burning internal combustion engine are clearly numbered.
- President Bush in FOXNews
The Department of Energy and state authorities will be monitoring a gasoline crisis so consumers are not being gouged,President Bush said.
- John McCain in Bloomberg
Instead of playing favorites, our government should level the playing field for all alcohol fuels that break the monopoly of gasoline, lowering both gasoline prices and carbon emissions,McCain said.
- Charles Schumer in News 10NBC
Unless the administration gets OPEC to increase oil supply, American consumers are going to be in for a scorching summer of $4 gasoline with no relief in sight,Schumer said.