gasohol : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a gasoline substitute consisting of 90% gasoline and 10% grain alcohol from corn
- Moreover, gasohol could, if it replaced gasoline as a standard fuel, cut perhaps as much as 10% from the nation's oil-import bill, which last year reached a staggering $40 billion.
- Last year he started a firm that markets gasohol equipment for farmers.
- Among possible substitutes: methanol, a high-octane alcohol derived from wood; ethanol, or "gasohol," a blend of gasoline and grain alcohol; and compressed natural gas.
News & Articles
- Deadline extended for ND fuel tax refund
BISMARCK - North Dakota's Tax Department says eligible consumers have an extra day to request a refund for state taxes that were paid on gasoline and gasohol purchased in 2012.
June 20, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Deadline extended for North Dakota fuel tax refund
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - North Dakota's Tax Department says eligible consumers have an extra day to request a refund for state taxes that were paid on gasoline and gasohol purchased in 2012.
June 20, 2013 - WDAY 6 Fargo
- Raila Odinga in Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
This sugar related products could be used to produce electricity, ethanol gasohol and fertilizers for faster economic development in the countrysaid Raila.
- Kosit Panpiemras in Malaysia Star
This government has pushed very hard to promote the use of gasohol,or petroleum blended with ethanol, Kosit said. "We have a serious long-term plan for this alternative fuel to cut crude oil imports."