gamine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a homeless girl who roams the streets
- n a girl of impish appeal
- I think it's because kids who stepped before the camera at an early age learned that the most important weapon in their arsenal was their gamine appeal.
- In New York, a bachelor dentist named Julian Winston (Walter Matthau) enjoys the benefits of a towheaded gamine, Toni Simmons (Goldie Hawn).
- She was a pert, petite woman with bangs the very picture of a Parisian gamine.
News & Articles
- The Week: August 12-15, 2013
Live music provides a nighttime respite from the annual mid-August moving frenzy in downtown Madison, with shows by The Gallery, Chic Gamine, Fantini Akord Quintet, DoÃ±a Ana Music Night Union, The Aristocrats, and Icarus Himself. The calendar also includes: the second week of Jazz at Five; and, a RAW: Natural Born Artists gathering.
Aug. 12, 2013 - Isthmus
- Marie-ThÃ©rÃ¨se Walter in Telegraph.co.uk
When I met Picasso I was 17,Marie-ThÃ©rÃ¨se said in an interview with Life magazine in 1968. "I was an innocent young gamine. I knew nothing - life, Picasso, nothing. I had gone shopping at the Galeries Lafayette [department store in...
- Savannah Knoop in San Francisco Chronicle
I like androgynous clothes,Knoop says. "In my line, I'm trying for a '60s gamine feeling. Some of the pieces, like the fleece snap sweatshirt, are almost like armor. I like to use sturdy fabrics; I like to show the body, but I don't like...