gamma : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet
- n a unit of magnetic field strength equal to one-hundred-thousandth of an oersted
- n Portuguese navigator who led an expedition around the Cape of Good Hope in 1497; he sighted and named Natal on Christmas Day before crossing the Indian Ocean (1469-1524)
- Peering to the edge of the universe, an adventurous probe seeks to discover the mysterious origin of gamma rays.
- Half the children received shots of gamma globulin, the small fraction of human blood which contains protective antibodies.
- The ban on designer drugs such as stimulant BZP, narcotic alternative gamma-butyrolactone (GBL) and cannabis imitator Spice is being described as a precautionary measure, with the .
- Stefano in EurekAlert (press release)
The scenario we propose implies that gamma-ray burst-like inner engine activity exists in all supernovae that form a black hole,adds co-author Stefano Valenti.
- Jon Favreau in USA Today
With Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion, we are further realizing our ambition of offering effective treatments for a wide range of neurological challenges; and are achieving this with a greater degree of positive outcomes and shorter patient treatment... Hideo Kojima http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideo_Kojima&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGcLbBi_pzA7lZxYb-h1mT09yJD5w Earthtimes (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/elekta-new-treatment-with-leksell-gamma-knife-perfexion-introduced-in-japan,730060.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFK9yfAVlIGXMwOFPfVrFXcY3uMsw Feb 25, 2009
40997 52561 gamma Iron Man's different because the hero is pretty flawed," Favreau said before the screening. "He wasn't just bit by a spider or shot by a gamma ray. He decided to build a suit. He created the superhero. He didn't become the superhero."