galvanize : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to stimulate to action
galvanized into action
- v cover with zinc
- v stimulate (muscles) by administering a shock
- But others are worried whether outside operators who are being sent into urban neighborhoods will really connect with and galvanize a notoriously recalcitrant group of voters.
- Studies support her: teens are less susceptible to media firestorms that galvanize the grownups, like those set off by a famous pregnant person or a seminaked tween star.
- As a result, Obama could now galvanize those moderates, who Lima says "have been waiting for a viable presidential candidate to wave their banner for once.
News & Articles
- Roundup Of Mobile Apps & App Store Forecasts, 2013
Faced with shorter time-to-market schedules, challenging cost constraints, and ever-increasing customer expectations, manufacturers are accelerating their use of mobility applications. They?re also using them to galvanize production, finance and selling strategies into a unified direction so customers? expectations can better set and exceeded.
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- County aims to take lead against revenue sharing cuts
MARQUETTE - The Marquette County Board is expected to draft a resolution with "teeth" and "ultimatums" on state revenue sharing shortfalls, hoping to galvanize support for action among other Michigan countie.
June 10, 2013 - The Mining Journal
- Zalmay Khalilzad in International Herald Tribune
US Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad said the bombings underscore the "increasing desperation felt by criminals" and would only serve to "galvanize Iraqi forces and their coalition partners."
- Thomas Menino in Forbes
This sale will open up prime real estate for facilities and open space that will galvanize the vitality of our downtown and strengthen Boston's future,Menino said in the speech, The Boston Globe reported.
- Howard Berman in International Herald Tribune
Howard Berman, chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said he hoped the US, position "will galvanize like-minded countries and those who have been sitting on the sidelines to end this mindless march toward an outcome that serves none of...