fusee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a spirally grooved spindle in a clock that counteracts the diminishing power of the uncoiling mainspring
- n a colored flare used as a warning signal by trucks and trains
- n a friction match with a large head that will stay alight in the wind
- n any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
- The railroad explained that the West Coast Champion's fireman had gone down the track to set a fusee, had stumbled and destroyed his only one.